7.11.2009

the Inward Journey

Hello!

So, I've been on this new "inward journey" tip for the past week. Actually, I was on vacation. But it was oddly inspirational. I learned to put all the past trama in the trash and move on with my life. I've been coming across characters in fiction (books and movies) to whom I have taken a liking. They are strong male characters in their respective stories. They are happily satisfied with their lives and they are highly productive. What they have in common is that they all live by a set of rules. That is what I've learned that I must do: live by a set of rules. I need to set some boundaries and standards for myself and my lifestyle. No exceptions. That was my problem. Always making exceptions for people and bending to accomodate someone else's tastes. In reality, they should be striving to reach the bar I have set, not the other way around. So, that is what I have learned over the past week. Set rules. Here's the first one: Don't break the rules! All the subsequent ones are specific to certain situations like women, family, friends, and my goals in life. But they all should follow that first rule. Period.
I think I'll be happier now that I've discovered this.

Oh, and I'm thinking about downloading Wordpress. It looks much cooler than Blogger.

Peace and love.

No comments: